Watson’s Chocolates is a 75+ year old chocolate confectionary manufacturer and retailer in Western New York, most famous for our Sponge Candy. We are a family owned and operated business with 8 retail locations and a very robust website. Our roots are in family as we are four generations of chocolate lovers! Its unknown who was the first to make sponge candy but we are proud to be known as the best.
Watson's is about tradition and quality. We honor the holidays as our busy time of year, knowing that we have played an integral role in your family's traditions and are grateful for the opportunity to be at the table.
Our manufacturing facility, business office, and ecommerce is located in Tonawanda, NY and is serviced by NFTA-Metro 35 which is a direct line to Black Rock Riverside Transit Hub.
Watson’s promotes an environment that is diverse, and filled with tolerance for all people. We are seeking the right candidates and will not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
There are many roles within the Watson's organization. Within our manufacturing facility, we are sourcing the finest ingredients and making candy in our famous candy kitchen, enrobing, decorating & hand dipping in production, packaging, wrapping & loading on our packaging team, taking orders and shipping for catalog and ecommerce, and of course working on corporate sales and events. We all wear many hats in a day and enjoy the benefits of all you can eat chocolate!
If retail is your area of interest, we have 5 owned and operated retail stores (Elmwood, Kenmore, East Amherst, Ellicottville, Victor) and 3 franchise locations (Lancaster/Depew, Orchard Park, Niagara Falls).
Do you have a passion for chocolate? Do you love the organization of packing and packaging? Have you always wanted to work in a candy kitchen? We can always use another delivery driver! Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for enthusiastic chocolate lovers to work at a couple of our retail locations. We are primarily looking for candidates who are flexible to work evening and/or weekends.
Retail and customer service experience is helpful, but not necessary. Be a part of a great team at a fun, friendly and safe work environment!
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: From $14.50 per hour
Call Elmwood Ave and ask for Jay - 716-884-3216
Call East Amherst and speak with Monica -0716-6396-0755
We are currently hiring a customer service and shipping associate for our catalog & web business in our factory location.
Position is full-time seasonal (September- April) from 8:30am-4:30pm with overtime opportunities and some weekends.
This person must possess the ability to maintain a positive attitude while providing exceptional customer service and support of incoming phone calls as well as order entry for customer orders. Must be self-motivated and reliable as this position is very busy during the rush times.
We sell our product all over the US and this position will be responsible for picking, packing and shipping for internet and phone orders.
Candidates must be physically capable of being on their feet for entire shift. Organizational and computer skills are very important as it is a busy multi-task environment.
Job duties include:
- Packing product into boxes for purchase
- Answering phones and taking orders in Shopify platform
- Processing order and packing orders into shipping boxes
- Processing shipping via cloud-based shipping software
- Working with Fedex/USPS on pick up schedule
Skills we are looking for:
- Ability to work with detail, speed, and accuracy
- Ability to work well with others during rush times
- Physically capable to pack and move boxes weighing up 30 lbs.
- Must be able to operate a personal computer with a general understanding of application software
- Must be able to work some weekends during holiday time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour
Schedule: 8 hour shift, Monday to Friday, Overtime
How to Apply : Send us an email at email@example.com with your resume or work experience. Be sure to provide your contact information and the best time to reach you.
Assistant Candy Maker - Tonawanda
Train with experienced candy makers to assist in producing confections. Operates kitchen equipment such as large mixers, stoves, cutters and large pots in a safe and proficient manner according to standards, guidelines and instructions.
Role and Responsibilities
- Mixes and/or cooks candies in batches per Watson’s Candies standards.
- Reads and understands formulas/recipes, measurements and thermometers.
- Monitor more than one batch or process simultaneously.
- Performs clean-up activities as assigned.
- May be assigned other duties by management as required.
- Candidate must be able to lift 50 lbs. & be able to operate power equipment.
- Other responsibilities include washing and cleanup, moving and stocking inventory.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Able to read and understand recipes
- Possess basic math skills
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to routinely and frequently stand, stoop, bend and lift overhead during shift
- Able to stand on hard surfaces for the duration of an 8 hour shift
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience working in a commercial kitchen
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
How to Apply
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume or work experience. Be sure to provide your contact information and the best time to reach you.